Research estimates that about one-third of infertility cases are due to male infertility. Another one-third can be due to female infertility. The last third is estimated to be because of infertility from both partners. Have you recently struggled with conception? You may want to consider starting treatment. Keep reading to learn more about the causes of male infertility and some effective treatments.
What are some common causes of male infertility that often necessitate treatment?
There are several causes of male infertility. Read through some of the most common causes listed below and learn more about each one. If you have not yet received a formal diagnosis from an infertility specialist, you may benefit from visiting a specialist near you.
- Hormone imbalances — One common cause of male infertility is an imbalance in hormone levels. Some men have abnormal levels of testosterone or other hormones, which can negatively affect sperm count.
- Genetics — Another factor that can affect male infertility is genetics. If someone in your family struggled with infertility, you may have a higher chance of struggling with it as well.
- Infections, autoimmune disorders, medical conditions — Those with infections, autoimmune disorders and certain medical conditions may also have negatively impacted sperm health. Disorders like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes are all examples of conditions that can have an effect on male fertility and subsequently require treatment.
- Sexual dysfunction — Men who have issues with sexual function may also experience infertility. The most common types of sexual functioning issues are erectile dysfunction, hypoactive sexual desire and lack of sexual desire.
- Certain medications — Certain medications can actually lead to male infertility. If you’re taking medications for high blood pressure, gastric ulcers, or any medication for prostate cancer, you may want to speak with a doctor.
- Smoking and alcohol use — If you’re a frequent smoker or alcohol user, your infertility could be related to this.
What are some of the treatments for male infertility that are shown to work?
Fortunately, there are treatments for men struggling with infertility. Keep reading to learn more about some of the most commonly used treatment methods, listed below. Each of these may be recommended by a specialist who can not only treat infertility but help you understand and prevent it too:
- Hormonal imbalance treatment — One of the most common treatments provided to men at infertility clinics is hormone imbalance treatment. This is a type of treatment designed to correct any abnormal hormone levels and increase sperm count levels.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle — Another treatment method that is encouraged for infertile men is maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle. This includes regular exercise, healthy eating and taking intentional steps toward improving physical health.
- Cutting out smoking and alcohol use — Another recommended treatment for men with infertility issues is cutting out smoking and alcohol use.
Why choose Fertility Cloud?
At Fertility Cloud, we value shared experiences. We want to help you navigate your struggles and celebrate your victories. Our team of experienced medical providers is dedicated to providing you with compassionate and professional care. Through every step of the way, we’ll do our very best to ensure your comfort and guide you through the fertility process. We know that infertility can cause uncertainty. That’s why we’re committed to servicing each of our clients with empathy.
At Fertility Cloud, everything is done remotely, from your communication with your doctor to your fertility tests. Our appointments are conducted virtually, via live videoconferencing. All that’s required of you is either a computer, smartphone or tablet to join the call. The typical appointment takes around 30 minutes. You’ll undergo an initial consultation, and subsequent treatment will be monitored for at least three months. We’re confident we can provide you with the answers you’re looking for regarding your reproductive health and fertility options.
We understand that finding convenient, high-quality medical care can be a challenge. That’s why we’ve selected some of the best reproductive endocrinology specialists out there to provide you with easily accessible digital services. Each one of our doctors is board-certified and state licensed.
If you’re ready to begin your treatment for male infertility testing, we’ve got you covered. We’re ready to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the treatment process. Our team understands that male infertility can be difficult to navigate, but you don’t have to navigate it alone. We’re here to help in any way possible. Don’t hesitate to speak with us today.